Analyst - Ratings - Credit Risk Full-time Job1 year ago - Bank - Mumbai - 152 views
- The role is primarily responsible for assessing credit worthiness of companies through analyzing financial statements, business risk, industry analysis and assign ratings as per Banks internal rating scale
- Monitoring of ratings in the portfolio so that the rating is up-to-date with the best available information at any point in time.
- Contribution to Industry analysis, portfolio monitoring and any other adhoc tasks.
Job Responsibilities(JR) : 6 – 8 Areas
Borrower Ratings Assignment
- Comprehensive analysis of companies’ performance in assigned portfolio by assessing credit proposals, financial statements, projections and other information to assess the credit worthiness of the entity
- Analyzing the business model, identifying strengths, weakness, risks, understanding the revenue models and the corporate structure of the businesses
- Independently handling rating assignments for entities of varying sizes and preparing rationales for the ratings assigned
- Assign ratings as per Bank’s internal rating scale after thorough understanding of the borrower, industry and peer group analysis
- TAT management
Monitoring of Borrower Ratings
- Surveillance of ratings in the assigned portfolio
- Review of ratings basis any new developments in the company/industry
- Monitor the ratings through multiple surveillance frameworks in place.
- Ensure all the latest available information is factored in the ratings
- Periodic reviews and management presentations
- Review and analysis of industry/sector assigned
- Read through industry reports by various agencies
- Attend webinars and seminars pertaining to the industry to keep ourselves abreast of the latest updates and trends in various industries.
- Industry presentations evaluating sector performance and rating movement at a portfolio level
- Management of assigned surveillance process
- Review of portfolio based on periodic early warning triggers
- Aggregation of insights and periodic review with management
- Monitoring portfolio performance for stress indicators and recommend suitable rating actions and highlight key risk factors to the credit team.
- Portfolio analytics using internal and external sources of data
- Preparing newsletters on industry/portfolio for circulation internally
- Replies to audit observations
- Regulatory compliance
- Board / Policy notes and submissions
- FRM / CFA (Optional)
- Strong Analytical skills
- Banking Product & Process Knowledge
- Regulatory Knowledge
- Experience in handling large volumes and good in excel skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Good understanding of Banking especially wholesale assets
- Minimum experience in years – 2 – 4 years
- Experience in ratings, credit underwriting or policy related job role for Small, Mid and Large Corporate, Financial Institution segments in any Rating agency, Bank, NBFC’s, Research & brokerage houses or KPO’s.
What is Banksterindia.com
BanksterIndia - India's Most Popular & Trending JOB site for BFSI professionals-
- BanksterIndia aims to develop such a platform where Millions of job opportunities from the BFSI sector can be View, Share, and can be Directly Applied by the professionals,
- On BanksterIndia we allow Employers to search and hire Fresh/Experienced candidates for their organization.
- Candidates those are from BFSI background or want to start their career in the same can apply their Dream Jobs.
- "STAY CONNECTED & STAY UPDATED".